Background HTML Whitewashed

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Outsmarted!

Raccoon Report: Zero, Nada, Zip!

Nice to find the trap empty for a change. Although "someone" or "something" cleaned up the treat offering very neatly. They actually pulled the bowl out of the trap and feasted on salmon-flavored catfood without setting off the trap-door.



Whatever it was has the trap figured out. Now, that's a scary thought! They're getting smart....Uh oh!

Tonight I have the bowl tied to the trap floor. We'll just see who's smarter now! Can't wait til morning....



I know that mom is rooting for me. She actually said she was glad I knew how to use the shotgun, just in case...



Just in case what? I trap another snake. Or maybe a bear? Under no circumstances should you surprise me late at night or early in the morning. I am finding lately that unexpected noises make me jumpy...

Well, for heaven's sake, the heat is just making me crazy. Nothing to fear out here in our tiny corner of paradise ;-)

Sorry you had to wade through all my ramblings to get down here to the important stuff!
 
Mom Update: Doing fairly well. Card party last night sounded like a great time, although by the end of the evening, both legs had swollen up past her knees. You guessed it, she's been in the recliner all day today with her feet propped up. Another concern is her low blood pressure. It's making her a little wobbly at times, and we've been watching it closely. On the up side, she's eating well and is pretty much over the flu-like gemzar reaction from this round. It's so nice to have a break from the chemo tomorrow! It will be another day of rest for her, and then it's off to lunch and the IMAX theater on Friday.

Looking forward to a great day on Friday. In the meantime, if no one hears from me in the morning, please send a search party. Something is lurking in the woods...I'm pretty sure it's just our cat,


but you never know.

My love to each, Jane

No comments: