Background HTML Whitewashed

Monday, September 5, 2011

Here We Go Again

Is there ever a good time to go on vacation?!  We have been up in the air for over a week.  Mom insisted that we go, our gut said no, but here we are... spending a week visiting Leroy's family in Illinois, enjoying a great family reunion, cooler weather and sweet fellowship.  And all the while, worrying about mom.  With good reason.  She wasn't the picture of health when we headed out Friday morning, even though she assured us she was fine.  Should have trusted that gut feeling.  Saturday morning we got the dreaded call from Dad, "she's getting worse."  My brother, Dean, was there with her and he graciously sent a "guest blog" for me to relay to everyone.  So, here we go again...

Sunday, September 4, 2011...

Yesterday started off as every good Labor Day weekend should with a 6:52 tee time to beat the Texas heat. I even chipped in a birdie from 45 yds out on the 7th hole at Oakmont.  Around 10am I received a VM from Jane who has taken the week to travel with Leroy to the his family reunion in Illinois. Jane had told me that mom hadn’t been able to hold any food down and had been up through the night vomiting and asked if I could swing by and check on her. Since I didn’t check my phone until the 18th hole I figured I could finish my round and swing by. If you’re wondering I finished my round with a 91, respectable but still needing improvement.

When I arrived at Mom’s I found dad there which was unexpected since I knew he was scheduled to work yesterday. Mom later informed me she was feeling so icky she called and asked him to come home. Dad immediately punched out and made his way home to see how he could help. (major brownie points from Mom) Pat and Richard were also there finishing up a little steam cleaning in the bedroom. Turns out mom wasn’t able to make it to the porcelain throne to do her worshipping which left quite the mess. Thank you Pat and Richard for being such good friends and if you’re looking for any side jobs we have 4 kids and 5 pets over here at our casa, always looking for a good carpet cleaning crew.

After an hour or so of sitting with mom I requested that she call her doctor. She agreed    (shocking) and made the call. 20 minutes later his fill-in called and told mom to head to the hospital to get evaluated. (Dr code for pricked, prodded and probed). Pat helped mom pack a lite bag, I gathered her essentials – phone, i-touch, I-pad, kindle and chargers told dad to sit tight while I took mom to the hospital. As expected she was “evaluated” and also as expected was admitted to the hospital. Amazingly she is back in room 588 and upon arriving on the 5th floor almost all the nurses gathered in her room and started doing what they do best; take GREAT care of my mom.

There are still tests and more “evaluations” to be done this coming week including a scope of Moms stomach but for now she’s resting comfortably on her air mattress bed. Lisa and I will be checking in on her this afternoon to get the “Doctor” prognosis and make sure Jane has it to post soon. For now please pray that the doctors can find out what’s keeping mom down and correct it soon. A big thank you to Jane for allowing me to keep you updated and safe travels for her and Leroy. Until our next meeting, Hit’em straight and long!!!

Sending our Love and Prayers, Dean

1 comment:

Alison said...

Hi

I don't know you, but having just read some of your blog, I wanted to say what a wonderful family you are to your mum. I lost my own Dad to PC just 10 days ago, so understand the highs, lows, in-betweens etc. So good your mum is still smiling.

My very best wishes to all of you.

Alison
UK