Background HTML Whitewashed

Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Journey Clarified

Yesterday's post caught me by surprise.  What started out as a light commentary on the doings of the day took a detour down a much deeper, more emotionally raw path than I expected.  I guess it's part of the journey, but still the visceral punch leaves me winded.  The anticipatory grief is truly a glacier weight, slow, massive and unstoppable, grinding us down when we foolishly turn our backs on its icy chill to seek the sun.

I am always in awe of the timing of God.  Some would call it coincidence, I believe it to be the providential work of His unseen Hand.  An email hit my inbox just as I posted yesterday's blog.  My heart was sore, my soul felt bruised.  The note spoke healing with mercy and grace.  In it, a sweet so-journer on this cancer trail shared a Word.  Of Hope.  From God.

Ecclesiastes 3:11b "He has set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

The timing was right.  My heart was questioning.  In answer, a glimpse of God's longing... for us to long with a desparate need for Him, for Eternity.  He has set eternity in our very hearts.  Oh, what we miss as we live our very lives focused on the here and now.  Does it take a terminal illness to draw our eyes heavenward?  To seek the answers of eternity?  Of paradise?  Peace settles as God assures that we will never understand, never completely fathom the path, and it's okay.  Setting our hearts on eternity is the goal, and God has already done the work.

Grace met the need.

1 comment:

Michelle Merimee said...

Love this post.
thanks for sharing.