Background HTML Whitewashed

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Spring has Sprung?!

Just kidding...


Got this picture from my cousin in Wisconsin.  Seems that Winter is hanging around!  Well, at least in the northern half of the country.  Texas didn't get the memo!

We're sunny, in the 70's and just a little happy...


Well, Aubree Claire is just a little confused.  Do I take the Winter bonnet off?  Or leave it on?  Decisions, decisions...

I say put on your spring frock and come take a walk with me!



The irises are popping up all over!

And look at this intrepid little blossom.  At the end of February no less!


I do believe I love Texas (remind me come August!)

Spring is coming.  As sure as winter winds bring their chill, the sun will shine again. No matter where you are.  Under a blanket of snow or on a beach in Florida, the flowers are just waiting to show off their resilience and beauty.

Kind of like us, struggling through the dark days of grief, wading through the muck of pancreatic cancer.  Feeling the icy bitterness to our core.  And yet, trusting in the strength and grace of Love to bloom in us again.  Don't know how, or even when... but spring is coming to souls longing for the warmth of new life, born from the seeds buried deep.

Mom would have it no other way.  She urges with memories, an echoing refrain, to embrace the life we're given, each and every moment...

Today, the sun is shining.  Yes, indeed, Spring is coming.

May Blessings be yours this weekend,  Praying Grace over your days, Jane

2 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks as always for your inspiring and encouraging words. My father-in-law is wading deep in the muck of pancreatic cancer these days. We know how the book ends, but we as a family are not all on the same chapter. Looking for the positives in this journey, I do see that two brothers who do not speak often are talking to each other more. That's a good thing. I also see a set of parents whose greatest strength is not communication saying "I love you" to their son and daughter-in-law. These are good things. I keep my eyes open for the good things. I check in on your blog every few days, and want you to know that your words really are an inspiration to many of us. Thank you.

Linda in Kansas

Anonymous said...

Dear Linda, Thanks so much for sharing. I know exactly what you mean, communicating during this journey is so very difficult for many of us. Facing those end of life issues with dignity and grace is always a work in progress. Sometimes we get it right, sometimes we mess up, but seeking to hold onto the "good things" is so valuable. It truly means so much to hear those "I love you's" and they will echo long into the days ahead. Cherishing those moments will guide your steps - you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as you journey this road. May you find that there is always Grace enough for each day... Blessings, Jane