Background HTML Whitewashed

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

So Many Hats...

And Only One Head!

While cleaning out Mom and Dad's attic this past week, we unearthed some long, buried treasures!  Mom's old hats!  Many come from her mother's collection and have been boxed up and stored for years.



What fun to rummage through the box and remember.  Dad enjoyed it as much as I, the memories came fast and thick.... I remember when she wore this one... And she bought this one in England... Oh and this one was her mom's Sunday best...  On and on it went!  And of course I had to try them all on!!!







Oh my goodness, Enough Already!

We did have so much fun.  I could almost hear mom laughing.  She would have had a ball going through those old hats.  And that reminiscing with Dad, the touching of her spirit, the delight of holding something of hers close... That is the link to loving deep, carrying the memories forward.  It moves us through the grief to a place of sweetness.  She was a woman of uncommon beauty and contagious grace.  Her laughter bubbled over into our lives daily.  In these memories, a touch-stone memorial of felt, beads, feathers and lace, her joy continues to touch us...

I am thankful beyond words for an old box of hats!

P.S.  Still no skunk in the trap, but we did catch something else...


The Neighbor's Black Cat

I don't make this stuff up.  It really happens on our dysfunctional little farm  :)   Maybe tomorrow will be a better skunk trapping day.

P.P.S.  Our neighbor said he would "help" us "take care" of the skunk if we were lucky enough to catch it in our trap.  I am a little worried about what that means, but then I get a whiff of Pepe Le Pew and raise the battle flag.  The war is on...

No comments: