Background HTML Whitewashed

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cold Fronts, And Sheets and Tiny, Tiny Tree Frogs...

Cold fronts a-moving in... time to pull out the sweaters and scarfs!  Oh, and light up the woodstove.  Love this crisp fall weather.  But not the freezing temps so much...

My to-do list just got a mile longer.  Winterize the pipes.  Heat lamps for the chicks.  Haul hay for the goats.  Top off water tanks.  Pick the last of the tomatoes and green peppers (yes, we still have the garden growing, the glories of a Texas Fall!) 

And just as I caught myself running ragged, I remembered all the pretty plants on the back deck...









Maybe, just maybe we could cover them with sheets and pray for a "mild" freeze?  Not quite ready yet to lose the beauty, the sweet fragrance as we walk by...

And I rush in to get the sheets, rummaging thru drawers to find as many as I can, then rushing back out, linens billowing all around...

...and in the rushing to protect and cover up, I almost missed him...

 
 
Sweet, little tree frog.
 
Blending in, keeping still, but for the frantic beating heart.
My billowing sheets must have scared him silly.
Hung on to the dried oak leaf he did, surely praying I would pass him by...
 
 
 
 
But then I stilled my rushing, bent the knee and nodded, eye to eye...
 
Sometimes we just need to slow down and smile thanks for the offering.
 
Praying for the warmth of family and friends to hold you close this chilly night
and for these moments to still, just slow down and bring peace to each heart...
 
In Grace, Always, Jane

No comments: