Background HTML Whitewashed

Friday, April 13, 2012

The Perils of Beauty

I do love Spring!  Beauty at every turn...

But today I discovered the dark side to spring's enchantment!


Baby Copperhead sunning herself on our patio rocks...

Spring's warmth is drawing out the turtles, the butterflies, the hummingbirds, and the SNAKES!

And Texas has more than its share of venomous snakes.  We are blessed to be home to both copperheads and cottonmouths.  And I do so love the babies... just not this baby so close to my back door!

Something has to give.

We came to an amicable agreement that she could have the other 29 acres on our farmstead and I could keep my 1 acre homestead - snake free!  Any breach in this contract results in immediate death, hers or mine.  I am an equal opportunity employer after all...

But this creepy-crawly encounter reminds me that Beauty almost always comes with a price.  I am swept up in Spring's Charm, but shockingly aware of how close peril lies.

Even as we celebrated the glorious day of Christ's Resurrection this Easter Sunday past, the truth is evident.  The Beauty of the Cross in our Grace-filled lives, was birthed at great price...


May the Delights surrounding you this weekend be all the more Meaningful...
And the Pain never lost in the Journey to Beautiful...

There is a Peril in the Becoming, but oh, so worth it!

In Grace, Growing, Jane

No comments: