Background HTML Whitewashed

Monday, November 7, 2016

Back to the Basics



{A little humor to take the sting out of this post}

Because it's about to get real...
really real.

And I'm thinking I might lose a friend or two...

So, here's the deal.  As a whole, in our society, we eat like crap.

And we know better.  Or at least our mamas did. 

"Eat your vegetables."  and  "No dessert until you finish your broccoli." 

I'm sure there were more healthy admonitions, but I usually blocked them out with chocolate...

I have eaten like crap for a long time.

I never liked veggies, couldn't stand salads and barely tolerated orange juice with pulp in it.

Pitiful... I know... 

Somewhere on my way to adulthood I started to grow up and realized that grownups do indeed eat vegetables.  Healthy choices made more sense.  That college degree in biology helped a little too.

Having my own kids was the final wake-up call.  I needed to find a way to clean up my diet and eat those healthy foods.

And we did a fairly good job, sort of... at least I learned to eat salads.  And we raised two kids that eat broccoli and carrots (win-win)

But I don't think I ever truly understood the vital importance of putting healthy food into my body until The Truth About Cancer Docu-Series.

Over and over, the point was driven home that the food we eat has a fundamental role in disease, cancer and our overall health.

We are what we eat!



Back to the basics.  It doesn't get much simpler.

Putting processed, chemical-laden, artificially-colored, fake food in turns our bodies into a toxic dumps.

Putting clean, raw, whole food in turns our bodies into a healthy, energetic treasures.

There were so many valuable interviews and information thru-out the series.  Here are some of my favorites:






John Robbins: Diet for a New America:



So Much Compelling Information!

The Farmer Husband and I have adopted a much cleaner, healthier lifestyle in the past months.   Neither of us have cancer, we are just realizing the importance of pro-active choices.  And we truly have come to believe that We are What We Eat...  And for all our fellow cancer warriors, we emphatically believe that nutrition plays a powerful role in the healing process.  Read the links above and keep on researching, talking and studying... You have so much to gain.

Do I still love chocolate?  Seriously??? 

But, can I make healthy eating a priority?  Definitely!

And, yet, there's more on the nutritional front ... Tomorrow we tackle the biggest nutritional sabotage of all... White Crack...

You don't want to miss it!

Love and Grace, Always,
                                     Jane



No comments: