Background HTML Whitewashed

Monday, October 10, 2016

A Pancreatic Cancer Success Story...

When we began our 31 Day Challenge: The Truth About Cancer, I was so excited to share a little hope for those walking this cancer road.  The following interview with Ty Bollinger from The Truth About Cancer: A Global Quest is just that: living, breathing, joyful hope... A pancreatic cancer survivor that is flourishing 40 years from her diagnosis!

Friends, come meet Pamela Kelsey:

Ty: I’m here at the BioMedical Center, the Hoxsey clinic, with Pam Kelsey. I so thank you for joining us today. I’m so grateful to be able to get your story because you had a very difficult type of cancer to treat, didn’t you?

Pam: I did.

Ty: Tell us your story, Pam.

Pam: I actually had two. I started with cancer of the pancreas.

Ty: Pancreatic cancer.

Pam: Pancreatic cancer.

Ty: Very difficult cancer to treat.

Pam: Very horrible.

Ty: What year was this?

Pam: This was 1975. Way back. I was 34.

Ty: Forty years ago.

Pam: Yes, 40 years ago. I first was diagnosed with some hypoglycemia. I started having low blood sugar problems and finally it got worse and worse, terrible pain through my abdomen. A friend had been to Hoxsey, as it was called in those days, and she had a friend who was cured of inoperable colon cancer.
So she recommended that I see the clinic. So we came down immediately and I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. They said I was fortunate because it was just beginning, just starting to go into the intestinal area. It was really good to know.
I felt like I was in good hands because they showed me the x-rays of exactly what was going on. And it was just a day, just like now. They still have the same regimen. You’ll get your tonic, they gave me supplements. At that time they giving yeast, vitamin C, calcium, and digestive enzymes. They said in three months I should start to feel better. I was just in intense pain, it was really right through my middle, which I understand is a symptom of pancreatic cancer, just like having a knife go through to your back.

Ty: So you had stomach pain and back pain?

Pam: Yes. It was just like right through the center. And it came out in the back, like literally going through the middle of my chest. And so I went home, started the treatment. I was very religious about what I did. I checked with Mildred Nelson, who was very good to me. If I had questions, I’d call her up, she’d immediately tell me what to do. So within about three months, it was actually almost three months to the day, I noticed a change. I didn’t have to take as much pain medication for my headaches. My abdomen started to feel better. I started being able to digest food better. And gradually, from that period of time, I just felt better and better.

Ty: That’s really fascinating. I mean, that’s fast. Three months with pancreatic cancer. Which many people are dead in three months from pancreatic cancer.

Pam: I know. I followed people that have had pancreatic cancer over the years. Jack Benny had it, and with all the doctors and money he had, he didn’t know he had it until it was too late. Michael Landon had it, Steve Jobs, different people that - it’s very hard to treat and very low success for recovery.

Ty: I don’t know anyone that has had pancreatic cancer that has treated it conventionally that’s still alive.

Pam: I don’t either. Over all the years
.
Ty: And you’re alive 40 years later. That’s amazing.

Pam: I know, it is, truly. And to have those symptoms, like I said, the pain. And to know that it was just so deadly. And so then I was clear all the years, until 2011. In 2011, I’d had a good physical in January, but I noticed that my abdomen started feeling tighter and tighter. I felt like maybe it was back pain, or just something muscular. But it got tighter and tighter. And I started to have pain on my right side, right in the middle of my right side. So I got more concerned about it. The pain started getting gradually worse and on a Friday afternoon I thought, “This is to the point where it isn’t my imagination, I better find out about this.” So I called a nurse that was a friend and she suggested that I get to the hospital because it could be appendicitis, it could be a number of things.
So I knew it was too late to come down to BioMedical. So my husband and I got in the car and drove to St. John’s hospital, which I had also for medical reasons, I had checked with some of the doctors there.
It was a renowned hospital. Elizabeth Taylor went there, Michael Jackson. It was a very well-known hospital, and very reputable. It was a Friday afternoon. I had more symptoms, called a nurse, she said I should get to the hospital to find out what was going on. So my husband and I got in the car, drove to St. John’s Hospital in Santa Monica, and told them what was going on. They gave me a CT scan and sent me home because it was the weekend and said to follow up with the doctor on Monday.
So the pain got worse and worse. I called on Monday. I told him what was going on. He said, “Let me call you right back.” He read the report and he said, “You need to get to the hospital right away.” I said, “Do you think I have cancer?” And then he said, “I think you have what you said.” So I knew that I wasn’t going to go for further treatment. I said, “Let me think about it.” And my husband and I immediately came down to the clinic, got the CT scan here. And Dr. Gutierrez, my old family friend, he informed me that 50 percent of the liver was affected by 22 lesions. And they were up to - St. John’s hospital had done the CT scan and they found a number of lesions.
They said they were up to 3.9 centimeters, and they were hypoechoic which means that there was a low echo when they did the CT scan. There was a low echo which indicated a very dense tissue. And they said liver neoplasm could not be excluded. So that’s what their diagnosis was. The CT scan here said that there were 22 focal lesions. And the same thing, that they were up from one to five centimeters in size. So I decided to go on the tonic, of course, again. And they put me this time on an organic vegan diet which was more strict. No animal products. I couldn’t wait for the three months. I was supposed to come back in three months but I couldn’t wait. I was nervous but I was also wanting to find out. Because I know 50 percent, you don’t want to wait too long. So I came back in two and a half months and they found that only three of the lesions were remaining in that short of a time.


Ty: Twenty two down to three?
Pam: Twenty two down to three. And I just, home free. I felt really secure and I came down a few weeks later and they were all gone. So it’s just been an amazing experience, truly.

Ty: That is amazing. And that was four years ago?

Pam: Yes. Four years ago. And I’ve done ultrasounds since then. I had one more CT scan and it was clear.
And now when Dr. Rodriguez gives me the ultrasounds, he said not only - he checks my whole body, and the abdomen, the pancreas is clear. He said, “It looks like you never - you would never know that you had anything wrong with your pancreas or your liver.” Even the scar tissue has healed on my liver.

Ty: That is just amazing.

Pam: Yes. It’s incredible.

Ty: I think you’re the longest living pancreatic cancer survivor that I’ve ever heard of.

Pam: I know. And the sad thing, Ty, was that the doctor in the hospital emergency when I went in - I called. I wanted St. John’s to know what happened because they have that CT scan. And so I wanted them to know what happened. That I got the treatment and to see what Hoxsey did, what BioMedical did for me.
And he said, “that’s a very interesting story,” but he never followed up to want to see it or anything.
Which was just shocking, you know? To have them do that CT and to know that there it was. And he said that it was very interesting.

Ty: I say it’s shocking, but it’s not shocking anymore. It used to be shocking to me but throughout these interviews, everyone that I talk to that has been diagnosed with some kind of an advanced cancer, they go back to the oncologist and they don’t want to know. It’s not really shocking. It’s a shame. That they don’t want to know.

Pam: It’s a tragedy really, and I’m so glad you’re doing this. Because for a long time - we have a business where we publish a magazine and have a website, and it’s kind of known all over the world. And I always wanted the clinic to do more publicity. Of course, they kept a fairly low profile with referrals. But it’s really nice to have more publicity and to have more people be able to know that this is such an amazing, simple treatment. That we’ve known people all over the world, over the years, have been treated for colon cancer, breast cancer, two particular ones were prostate cancer. Given up to die and they’re doing well.

Ty: That’s really amazing and people need to know this. They need to know that they have options.

Pam: Absolutely. This is so simple, and there’s no pain, there’s no deterioration of your body, there’s no harmful treatment. But it works.

Ty: And it’s affordable for most people.

Pam: I know, and it’s so fast. The thing that I would really like to always recommend to people is that they come down first. Because for a lot of the patients it’s a last resort. And that’s the only reason why some people do die. One of two things I’ve found over the years is that either they’re not following their diet and their instructions carefully. Because people think, “well you can cheat here, you can cheat there on your diet.” But the tonic is very sensitive to different chemicals like in tomatoes and things like that.

Ty: We heard that from Dr. Gutierrez.

Pam: Yes. So you have to follow it completely and then also they’re too weak. We knew one man from Germany who didn’t make it but he was absolutely given up to die. He was a skeleton when he walked in here. And it was just too late. So that’s the only reason that we’ve seen anyone not do well.

Ty: What’s your message to somebody that’s been diagnosed with cancer and they’re told that they’re terminal? Because you had pancreatic cancer. What would you like to tell them?

Pam: I would just like to tell them, no matter what they’re doing, and this is what I tell people whenever I’m contacted or whenever I find out about anyone, to just come here. Even if it’s for a second opinion.
Send your records down here. Come and see and talk to the doctors. And decide, make an informed decision. Because once you get here and you feel that you just can talk to people, it’s so faith-building.
Don’t give in to just a treatment that’s promised. My own mother died of lymphoma and it was just so sad that she completely trusted the doctors. They thought she would do well. She didn’t. And so it’s a matter of trust. And the medical situation, like with pancreatic cancer, they don’t have good records of success rates.

Ty: Is there always hope?

Pam: Absolutely. I mean, here, there really is.

Ty: Pam, you’re living proof. Forty years out from pancreatic cancer.

Pam: I feel like a poster child. And they’ve helped me through different things too over the years. Mildred knew so much. And Dr. Gutierrez - I will say one more thing that might be interesting to people. The doctor that is head of the clinic, Dr. Rodriguez, had his own clinic. He was a radiologist. He had his own clinic in Tijuana. So Mildred used to have him come up at lunchtime to read the x-rays and all the radiology and do the radiology for all the doctors. They’d get together and meet at lunch. He’d come up, help read the x-rays, and then he’d go back.
And he found that when he - because he treated multiple people all over the city - he found that the people that he treated that came here, he would see results on the X-rays. He’d be doing the follow up.
And he said, “You’re curing cancer. I can see all these results.” It was so astounding. So Mildred gradually had him come more and more and now he’s head of the clinic. So I think that’s very faithinspiring.

Ty: That really is. He said, “You’re curing cancer.” Harry Hoxsey was always the quack that cured cancer.
He’s no quack.

Pam: Reading his story was very interesting too, how it originated. He treated Barnum & Bailey Circus animals and then people wanted to go to him. And it wasn’t, well you probably have that story, but anyway. He was a very famous. He was a horseman who raised thoroughbreds. So he had a horse that he put out to pasture. The horse had cancer and he put him out to pasture and the horse healed up.
And he thought, “What is this horse doing?”
And so he came up with the formula and then he began treating the Barnum & Bailey Circus animals and they had success. So one man in town had found out he had cancer and he was, I think he was a doctor I’m not sure of that, but anyway, he begged him to treat him. Hoxsey said, “Well this is just for animals.” He said, “I don’t care. I’ve got cancer. I don’t want to die.”
So he gave him the treatment and he did well. And in the beginning days, then the American Medical Association, the AMA, was just starting. There was a political thing. They wanted to go into partnership with Hoxsey and charge $10,000 a patient. And Hoxsey said, “I can’t do that, because my father promised I would never refuse to treat patients if they couldn’t pay.” So he refused that. And then, of course, that was what led to coming south of the border. Because they were in Dallas for many years.

Ty: What would you tell Harry if you could talk to him?

Pam: I’d tell him, thank you, thank you, thank you. You saved my life. I wouldn’t still be alive.

Ty: Well thank you, Pam, for sharing your story. Very inspiring.

Pam: Thank you, Ty.

Ty: Forty years out.

Pam: I just want to encourage anyone to come and send their records. Dr. Gutierrez is even available by telephone.

Ty: Good people here.

Pam: Very good.

Ty: Thank you so much.

Pam: You’re welcome.


You can go directly to this interview by watching the first episode of The Truth About Cancer: A Global Quest right here.

Ty's interview with Pamela begins around the 1:45 mark... along with a boatload of information for everyone that may be traveling the cancer road themselves or with a loved one.

There is so much to share... Join us tomorrow as we break down the Hoxsey Formula and see what it's all about!

Graced to Smile Joy this day,
                                    Always,  Jane

No comments: