Background HTML Whitewashed

Saturday, November 24, 2012

How do you want to Live your Legacy?

Pancreatic cancer has a way of sharpening your focus, re-ordering your priorities and putting things into perspective...mom and I talked often about "her story"...she would be the first to remind us that we all have one.

A story...

From the minute we're born, our lives are telling a story.  But no one ever expects Cancer to interrupt that story.  It's wrong, it's rude, it doesn't fit...

And it didn't change, no matter how hard we denied, cried, and prayed...

Mom's pancreatic cancer added another chapter to her story.  For her it was the last chapter.  How do you ever write that chapter?

Cancer, especially terminal cancer, makes one think about the way we want our story to end...not something many of us like to think about...it just happens to be on my mind and heart more often as of late...

The questions have persisted as we've grappled with mom's story, her legacy.  For now I see more clearly than ever that my children are watching my life just as I watched and grew and blossomed under hers.

So I sometimes lay in bed, safe and protected in love's nest, eyes tracing the moon's trail, daring to ask...

What do I want my Legacy to be?  How have I shaped the people I love?  What will they remember of me?

How am I living my life?  This very day, this very moment...my Legacy is writing itself...will I like what people read?

How do I want to Live my Legacy?

                  nothing brilliant to post, sigh...
                                 ....still working on the answers, smile....

                                 But while I do, perhaps a video will speak to your heart...



Yes, I think I want to live like that....

Thank goodness for the Grace and Mercy of a Faithful God who delights in drawing joy out of my messy, complicated, 0h-I-want-to-live-like-that life...

                          Grace Falling Today,
                                               Jane

No comments: