Background HTML Whitewashed

Friday, October 25, 2013

The Ungrateful, the Unthankful, the Unlovable...

Oh the conflict...

 
Ever been there?!
 
Even Caregivers (especially caregivers) can be on the receiving end of some mighty ugly attitudes.  From family members, "friends" and sometimes even the very ones we're caring for... It's hard, it's painful, it's heart-breaking, it's so very real.
 
And what do we do?  We might want to Walk Away... but for most that is just not an option.  We are in for the long haul, willing to turn the other cheek for the sake of our loved one.  Doesn't make it easy.
 
I know that many Caregivers are offering themselves to care for a mother, or father, a spouse or child.  There are as many reasons for the bad behavior as there are stories...
 
* the emotional weight of a terminal illness
* the effect of chemo...radiation...medications...
* the grumpiness, crankiness or otherwise grotchiness of certain personalities
* the fear of the unknown
* the spitefulness of the truly ungrateful
 
and on, and on it goes... sometimes there is really no explaining the why of it.
 
And as a Caregiver, you often bear the brunt.  How well we bear it is up for debate...depending on our emotional and physical well-being at the time.
 
I could make excuses for your loved ones, I could offer platitudes to buck up and bear it, or I could tell you my heart breaks for your situation...truly.  I have no answers to miraculously make it better.
 
But I can tell you that you are not alone.
 
I can tell you that your sacrificial work is of Godly merit.
 
I can tell you that at the end of this particular journey you will find deep peace in the fact that you were there, giving, loving, supporting, no matter the ugly.
 
I can tell you, even if your loved one can't, that you are valued, you are appreciated, you are so very loved.
 
I can tell you that God is smiling Grace all over you this day.
 
Don't Walk Away.  Be encouraged to continue to Live Generous.  It is Blessing Uncomparable to those in your tender care...
 
 
 
 

No comments: