Background HTML Whitewashed

Thursday, October 31, 2013

I Would Do it All Over Again in a Heartbeat!

Well, yes, I would do the 31 Day Challenge all over again...

But what I really meant was the Grace Gift of being mom's daughter.  Growing up under her tender care, thriving under her love, knowing I was adored always... I would wind back the clock and be called daughter again in a heartbeat!

And that includes even the heart-wrenching pancreatic cancer journey that carved deep sorrow into our families story, and brought me into the unexpected role of caregiver.  Of course I would change it if I could, but knowing that our days are cherished and numbered in God's Sovereign Plan, I would do it over still...

For this was a journey of love and joy on so many levels... My heart agrees with D.G. Fulford and her sentiment about being at the right place at the right time doing the right thing.  There is boundless gratitude for the gift of being with mom through it all, and not one moment of regret.

Still, the heartache cannot be denied.  It is all part and parcel of the terrible privilege of caring for a loved one with a terminal illness.

It is a truly humbling privilege, fraught with shadow valley lows and mountaintop highs.

I miss mom. Every. Single. Day. There are moments when I can close my eyes and almost...almost feel her back in our world.  Her head tilted to the side, smile in her eyes, laugh on her lips.  I would run in for a hug and just breath in her sweet fragrance and sit for hours and hours catching up...

 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 

It was the most sacred honor to walk this journey with you mom...
 
God's Riches Poured out in Abundance to Cover our Greatest Need
for
Grace is bringing this weeping Caregiver through the Shadow Valley
into Blessing Overflowing...
 
 
We will always, always miss you...you already know that...
But you loved us more than well enough to get us through.
And as our hearts turn towards Home
we can barely wait for the Sweetest Reunion of All Time...
  
  
All Together Again!
 
He is Faithful to Keep His Promises
and it will be Grace Amazing...
 
You have changed our sorrow into dancing.
You have taken away our sackcloth
and clothed us with joy.
You wanted us to praise you and not be silent.
LORD my God, We will praise you forever!
                                            ~ Psalm 30:11-12
 
 
 
Until that time, we carry on as you taught us...
 
 
Love you Always and Forever,
                Jane 
 

No comments: